Fly Fusion Forums

Naming A Teddy Bear Mohammad

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Rocknbugs
interesting news tidbit from this morning. the nationals are now protesting the sentance and calling for the teacher to be put to death.

now IMO that is a wee bit harsh. it is one thing to demand respect for your religion but to then protest the results of the legal actioning body for a penalty that was not (as per the newspaper) even an option is too fanatical.[/quo

A wee bit harsh? Totally unreasonable and not to mention way off the charts, total BS!!!!!!!

11 foot pole---- poke! oK might be safe

I hope for the best for this woman, yeah she should have known better, yeah its their law and its their religion. I can respect that..... but come on she might be dumb and she might be ignorant but she's over there trying to teach.... I doubt she was trying to be malicious, and I don't think she is a real criminal for this offense. Thats all I can say

Guest Rocknbugs
11 foot pole---- poke! oK might be safe

I hope for the best for this woman, yeah she should have known better, yeah its their law and its their religion. I can respect that..... but come on she might be dumb and she might be ignorant but she's over there trying to teach.... I doubt she was trying to be malicious, and I don't think she is a real criminal for this offense. Thats all I can say

I respect getting to believe in what you want to believe in. I also dont believe this is a stupid, ignorant woman. Like you said she is over there trying to help out and this is what she gets for it. I hope she doesnt make that mistake again.

neither do I RKNB's I don't imagine shes a stupid person.... But obviously she is a little dumb for making this mistake and a bit ignorant of their laws...... anyways it seems like she will make out OK. Last I heard she was lookin at a bit of jailtime and then deportation..... No whips or capital punishment..... I imagine she will not be in a hurry to teach in that country again.......