Fly Fusion Forums

More Insight And Photo's On Joints

maxwell

the past few post have have left me on teh vice late lastnight creating.....i took two shanks tied 2 flies....front half and back half then used split rings to atach teh two and trailing hook....i put teh middle hook on back too prefent bottom snags and more top lip hooks...

IMGP6834.jpg

IMGP6830.jpg

IMGP6831.jpg

IMGP6824.jpg

IMGP6832.jpg

LMAO!!! got the whole pham actually...and there cousin the chinchilla...

not gammys yet brent but i got a similar hook wayne brought in from japan..yas a weird barbless hook point...kinda spade shaped profile....will try too find a link or website off the package tonight...

Guest bigbadbrent

Should bend the hook to make it a bit offset....lose way less fish due to barbless if they're offset a tiny bit (the new partridges that are barbless come offset)

the past few post have have left me on teh vice late lastnight creating.....i took two shanks tied 2 flies....front half and back half then used split rings to atach teh two and trailing hook....i put teh middle hook on back too prefent bottom snags and more top lip hooks...

IMGP6834.jpg

that looks totally dangerous dude..I'll pressure test one of those for ya

They look deadly...

Remember, they'll count as 2 hooks when fishing because its 2 points, no common shaft. (So a no go for BC Bulls)

They also will probably have a tendancy to foul-hook the fish, and will be a problem, especially if you hook up on the first hook. The length of the fly will put the second hook in the fishes eye, gills, etc. For the fish you're better off with just the tail hook (of course when bull trout head strike, you may miss'em.) Some guys cut the tail hook, to have the action of a articulated fly, and get the fish as the take the streamer head first.

Stinger hooks are also illegal on quite a few trout waters elsewhere in the world (Rio Manso waters of Patagonia, Single hook barbless areas in Montana, etc)

There are lots of cool stinger patterns out there.