Fly Fusion Forums

Mexico???

Kale

I am heading down to Puerto Vallarta in the summer for a week and I'm planning to do some fishing down there and I was wondering what I should bring as a rod and what type of flies.Also wondering if anyone has fished around this area other then in the ocean. Any help would be appreciated.

P.M me if you don't want to discuss it on the forum

i would really like to know this as well!

my family just bought an amazing condo in Puerto Vallarta

so im sure i will be spending a fair amount of time down there over the next few years

and i would love to fish while there!

i would also prefer inland fishing, are there any known guiding companys?

Love PV but I can't tell ya much about fishin...... I would maybe hit the marina and see if you can haggle a cheap guide. I'd avoid bookin through the agencies and stuff though cause they usually jack the price up.... but it may be the only option. Playas Gemalas has a real nice beach though(usually to busy to fish there though). I believe there is a public access trail that looks a little sketchy but once your down on the beach its pretty nice...... I've heard that its a very popular beach and a local favorite but I haven't been to every other beach so there is likely other nice ones.

Have fun and explore the town away from the main strip and you find everything gets cheaper. Drink a big ass corona for me......