Fly Fusion Forums

Wader Sizing

Conor

What are some symptoms of a poor fit?

I had a pair of waders (ML) that wore at the seams; the inside seams first, and then the outer and horizontal later. Assuming this was resulting from a poor fit, what size do you think would work better for me?

Guest bigbadbrent

MK (medium king) might be a bit better if you're bigger around the belly. Other then that, i'd go large...these are also all dependant on the maker, as patagonia sizes are a tiny bit bigger then Simms, and cloudveil sizes are larger then the patagonia..

ML(medium long) means you're taller, but skinny...LL might work, but also might be way too big

Do you have measurements for

Largest Girth (chest, waist or hips)

Inseam

and Footsize?

get me those and i can reccommend a few

A bigger size perhaps! ;)

I wore XYZ waders for a few years and they were bullet proof, but snug--tight even. They wore at the inseams and made it difficult to step up banks. I think they wore because of the snug fit.

I now have a new pair sized (as Sears calls it) for a "mature fit" ..also called relaxed fit or simply "fat ass" fit. :) They are borderline baggy. But they are like wearing lounging pants. Loose (but not silly loose like clown pants or hip-hop pants) and easy to walk in and step up banks without getting tight anywhere.

This "relaxed fit" concept is just great. You won't win any beauty contests in them, but who cares? Comfy.

A bigger size perhaps! ;)

I wore XYZ waders for a few years and they were bullet proof, but snug--tight even. They wore at the inseams and made it difficult to step up banks. I think they wore because of the snug fit.

I now have a new pair sized (as Sears calls it) for a "mature fit" ..also called relaxed fit or simply "fat ass" fit. :) They are borderline baggy. But they are like wearing lounging pants. Loose (but not silly loose like clown pants or hop-hop pants) and easy to walk in and step up banks without getting tight anywhere.

This "relaxed fit" concept is just great. You won't win any beauty contests in them, but who cares? Comfy.

They got drawstrings on'em like the comfortable pants ya wear round the house??? :P :P :P

Remember Hammer Pants? I think someone should revive 80's fashion and make waders out of them. Makes the most sense of anything I've ever thought of.

Do you realize I had to google image "hammer pants" and thank god I missed that one... wide leg plaid pants were bad enough ;) ;) ;)

Lynn, what do you wear for waders, since you are the ony other woman around.

i purchased hodgeman ladies waders last feb. i only use them in the late, winter, early spring or if i'm in my u-boat.

i got the large size for the T & A and they are still kind of snug, not spandex spray ons, but snug. however the next size up - queen size would have fit both of us and 3 munchkins.

i just cant seem to find anything in between.

Well....for the past 3 years I've been wearing Orvis. They fit OK...but like typical men's waders they're big in the waist and small in the hips. But they've served me well and been comfortable. However, since they're chock full o' leaks and holes now I'll be looking for a new pair next year. I got Mike a pair of Dan Bailey wading pants and they friggin' rock. But in order to get a size big enough for my hips, the waist is outrageously huge, so I can't wear them. I had my eye on the Cloudveils, but I would imagine same issue. I think I'm gonna spend the money and buy online and go for a women's fit wader this time and swear that I won't slide down the side of a canyon wall on my arse anymore. But if you're not into that, Orvis has really good wader sizing - they go like large, large short, large king....so they're really adaptable for different body types.

HTH

Lordy Taco!! How old are you? Do you remember "red strap" blue jeans. Circa 1957. They were "worker style" jeans with a red strap by the front pocket that was sposed to be to hold a hammer handle. These were REAL worker pants v some hip-hop style. But they because the rage with pre-teens and teens. So weird they were cool. Also so old there are no pictures of them on Google images.

We digress. ;)

Anyway, Conor, the "relaxed fit' waders are really comfortable.

yeah, that is the difficulty i was coming across with the men's waders, big enough to fit the hips but i was swimming in the upper body and the legs.

i like my ladies hodgemans. they fit my hips and waist, they fit my chest but a little tight, they legs are a little snug but not ungodly the only issue that i have is that the next size up are made for large boned women over 6ft tall. and the next size down is around a size 6 and that's a medium. i just find the womens sizes are not realistic. it would be nice to have a little more space so i could wear my warmer longjohns in the winter

........... Do you remember "red strap" blue jeans. Circa 1957. They were "worker style" jeans with a red strap by the front pocket that was sposed to be to hold a hammer handle. These were REAL worker pants v some hip-hop style. But they because the rage with pre-teens and teens. So weird they were cool. Also so old there are no pictures of them on Google images. ...................

Clive, you missed your chance. This pair was for sale on Ebay. However, I guess 35" waist doesn't qualify as "mature fit." Yeah, I remember red straps -- you needed a long stemmed comb and lots of Brylcream to complete the picture. Terry

redstrap.jpg

As far as womens waders go, Simms has a 2 really nice kinds that actually fit really well.

The basic blackfoot wader is under 200 and has a nice shape, not like wearing a garbage bag

and the next step up is closer to 600 but are extremely nice....

the thing i like is the boot actually fits,

hope this may help out Lynn and ladystrange.

i'm too cheap to buy new waders again this year. especially since i only wear them in the winter and really cold spring days or in the float tube. maybe i will just stop eating and hope the thighs fit a little better so it doesnt look like i'm a wearing spandex body suit

damn that's sexy