Fly Fusion Forums

10 Ft Fishing Boat Needed

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Anyone have experience with 10 foot fishing boats? Stable and light is my requirement and able to accommodate 2 people flyfishing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sun

I have a 1236 jon boat. It's a flat bottom aluminum boat with a flat front. Great for standing and fly fishing in (mine's 12' long though).

A jon boat is probably what you're looking for. Tough to find in Alberta, but really popular for lake fishing in BC

g2.jpg

this little guy is made in bc.

its call the frog boat.

never been in one but looks pretty cool.

its 8ft long. can handle 5hp motor

total weight 85 pounds

not to sure if this is what your looking for but its neat.

maybe give us some more info on what your looking for.

Guest tallieho
Anyone have experience with 10 foot fishing boats? Stable and light is my requirement and able to accommodate 2 people flyfishing.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Sun

I have a friend of mines 12' jon boat made by crestliner & it's for sale he bought a condo & has know where to store it.As for a 2-man 10' the only 10' that i know of is called a Spratley.She's all welded const.weighs in at 183 lbs.,just bought it.If i new how to download a pic.onto this i'd do it.You can go to spratleyboats.com or tnt marine out of abbottsford super service from them ordered it on wed. morn.got here 1 day later .so i have my winter project to get her all rigged out.pm me if you want,anymore info. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Sundancefisher
I have a friend of mines 12' jon boat made by crestliner & it's for sale he bought a condo & has know where to store it.As for a 2-man 10' the only 10' that i know of is called a Spratley.She's all welded const.weighs in at 183 lbs.,just bought it.If i new how to download a pic.onto this i'd do it.You can go to spratleyboats.com or tnt marine out of abbottsford super service from them ordered it on wed. morn.got here 1 day later .so i have my winter project to get her all rigged out.pm me if you want,anymore info. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

how much does the 12ft jon boat weigh?

Guest Sundancefisher

As I think about the usage I need something I can chain to a fence and not worry about the weather, easy damage etc. but light enough to carry about 50 ft and stable enough for 2.

Guest Sundancefisher
hey, where you at in sundance...i'm on sundown way...you fish the lake much?

I fish at the lake a fair bit. I will be out a lot chasing perch this winter. We will have to hook up. I am in the midst of moving so I am kinda tied up but the lake is just starting to freeze.

If you fished much last winter, we most likely crossed paths.

Cheers.

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher
g2.jpg

this little guy is made in bc.

its call the frog boat.

never been in one but looks pretty cool.

its 8ft long. can handle 5hp motor

total weight 85 pounds

not to sure if this is what your looking for but its neat.

maybe give us some more info on what your looking for.

This boat does look really cool. Anyone know how much they are or if there are any used ones out there?

Guest tallieho
I fish at the lake a fair bit. I will be out a lot chasing perch this winter. We will have to hook up. I am in the midst of moving so I am kinda tied up but the lake is just starting to freeze.

If you fished much last winter, we most likely crossed paths.

Cheers.

Sun

that 12' boat that i spoke of is a 1236 crestliner weighs in at 140lbs,he bought it a couple of years back .wants $ 700.00.you can call him at 293-0105 or 650-1944 ask for ken..

This boat does look really cool. Anyone know how much they are or if there are any used ones out there?

I have a Frog Boat and it is ideal for one person but not for two. You can get by if the second person is a young kid but it would be pretty cramped with two adults. I've not seen any used ones, the list price for a new one is 1495.00.

Guest Sundancefisher
hey, where you at in sundance...i'm on sundown way...you fish the lake much?

Hi TroutSlayer

Please email me at Sundancefisher@shaw.ca and we can discuss.