Fly Fusion Forums

Nicaragua - Fishing And Surfing

Starting to plan a 2 week trip for mid January (free flights - benefits of working for an airline :)), looking for beta.

Flying into Liberia, CR and traveling north. After Granada going to concentrate on the Pacific coast. Anyone have any fly fishing and surfing info they can pass along.

Cheers,

Peter

They are great sport on a fly and you really don't have to go that far down river to find monster tarpon either. There is a little lodge across the river from San Carlos run by a French ex-pat that is quite good if you decide to fish fresh water.

Thanks, will do!

There is Tarpon on the Caribbean side, but it would be out of your way. Not sure about Nicaragua Pacific side fishing or surfing. I would head to thehulltruth.com and search the fishing board for Nicaragua fishing. I had a quick look and there is info posted.

I fished Cano Negro years ago. Really enjoyed the trip. There was a guide that lived in Cano Negro village where i was staying, he and his wife had a small butterfly farm. He had a small flats boat. He would do trips to the Rio San Juan from there to. He was very knowledgeable about the local waters and the fish. Don't know if he is still there.