Fly Fusion Forums

Alberta's Trout Highway

Got mine at FishTales when I moved to CGY 4yrs ago,they probly have it?

It's not the spot burning tell-all that some critics would have others believe,but it's a really good overview for a newcomer to AB for sure.Ive barely scratched the surface still,it would require a few summers at least of hardcore,full time fishing to fish the whole book me thinks?

• Like 1

Vagabond is right good for newcomers to AB but especially for Central AB the information for the most part is very much outdated - Cool to learn the history of rivers ie stocking experimentations, exploration notes, etc. but not necessarily good information to go off of. When I was younger I explored a few streams Barry deemed worthy back in the day that were a dissapointment.

I know of a special couple streams that I have caught 100 fish on one day and 0 my next 3 trips I think that's what keeps them safe and quiet. Don't see a lot of boot tracks at any of them. Yet they hold HUGE fish however they are a bit of a drive to get skunked more often then not. But when they are on .......

• Like 2

If trout lover cant find his copy pm me. I have 3 copies laying around somewhere, one for each vehicle and one beside the tying bench haha. I can afford to part with 1.

Why do you need 3? I didn't know you knew how to read! Only one place for my books and magazines, in the can baby. When your legs fall asleep you've been reading long enough.

• Like 2