Fly Fusion Forums

Goose Biots

Flytyer

Have any of you been getting any decent goose biots? A couple of weeks back I was looking for some and in one shop I looked at everyone they had and found the quality inferior and I would never use them so they stayed at that shop. The same thing at a second shop. The biots I looked at were like they were burnt or had some reaction to the dyeing process as in the middle of the strip large numbers of biots were missing a good part of their make up.

Anyone else been getting stuff like this?

Guest bigbadbrent

All the stuff i've been getting (brand new, before it hits the shelf at the shop from Hareline) have been primo..

What colors you looking for bossman, i'll take a peak for ya, gotta call and ask when i work anyways tomorrow

Glad in a sorry way to see it's not just me that has noticed this. I have been using turkey of late but I'm not getting the end result I want, turkey biots are too translucent for what I have been tying of late.

If you have been getting some inferior products, write the manufacturer. They might not be aware of the problem or it may be old stock in the shop. I've had some bad product in the past and written them. I had it replaced free of charge.

I did write them twice and still waiting to hear back from them. I'm not happy with them as I wrote them the last time in June.

i havent bought any in a long time. i only have a few colours though and was thinking of taking a look around. my dark brown and tan looked ok but i dont go through them quickly so the packages i purchased last year are still good. i wll keep an eye out for decent condition