Fly Fusion Forums

Hector Lake

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest tallieho
not an expert but I don't think so.... how would I tell?

The last time i fished Hector we ran into Dan Bell[guide up bow],He'd asked us if we enjoyed our day etc...Well it seems that the tribe had fired there person in charge of the fishery ,he then implored us to send in letters of how much we enjoyed our day & how much of a value this fishery & facilaty was to the fishing community.So i guess the ball is in our court so to speak.Just on a further note t.u. installed all the aeration system there a few years back,all the tribe had to do was to turn on the switch.Maybe the reason they didn't turn it on was the cost of the power??.If you consider the last permit # i recieved was 132 &in you surmise $20.00 at 132 cost of the fish what left.??

Guest Sundancefisher

Someone should convince TU to lease the lake from the band and manage it. The fish in the past were an awesome size but the band members turning off the aeration in order to ice fish safely have killed all trout in the past.

TU could even charge for a day permit or season permit and pay the majority back to the band. The worse problem out there was being approached by some drunk guys and also seeing wholesale slaughter of fish by band members bait fishing.

I think this is doable. Any TU members willing to talk to Pike and see if this can be started?

Someone should convince TU to lease the lake from the band and manage it. The fish in the past were an awesome size but the band members turning off the aeration in order to ice fish safely have killed all trout in the past.

TU could even charge for a day permit or season permit and pay the majority back to the band. The worse problem out there was being approached by some drunk guys and also seeing wholesale slaughter of fish by band members bait fishing.

I think this is doable. Any TU members willing to talk to Pike and see if this can be started?

I really love this lake... I would volunteer my own time to help manage it. I would even drive out there weekly to check/service the aerator if that is something that needs to be done.