Fly Fusion Forums

Wood Furniture In Freezing Weather

Hi Guys and Gals, I am leaving the sold house end of Sept and staying in a friends basement suite (furnished) until our new home is built in Apr or May. We are putting most of our stuff in drive up storage, not climate controlled. Will our wood furniture be okay through the very cold season? Thx Paul

It should be fine.Ive stored my furniture in a similar situation,as well as many hunting and fishing camps I've both visited and owned that are normally never heated in winter and no worse for wear,year after year.My only concern would be mice getting into upholstered furniture,mattresses etc?

Make sure it's mouse proof tight door,and wouldn't hurt to leave some poison just in case.If you can slide your pinky under a door,mice can get in.

• Like 1

It should be fine.Ive stored my furniture in a similar situation,as well as many hunting and fishing camps I've both visited and owned that are normally never heated in winter and no worse for wear,year after year.My only concern would be mice getting into upholstered furniture,mattresses etc?

Make sure it's mouse proof tight door,and wouldn't hurt to leave some poison just in case.If you can slide your pinky under a door,mice can get in.

I will not chance it with my rods. Will store them indoors. Will use poison then as I may have to store two queen beds as well. Thx for the input.