Fly Fusion Forums

Cdc Question

Din

I have a bunch of CDC that I've tried using for tying the EHC. When i try to palmer it the stems keep breaking on me. Is there a way to easily soften them or is there another effective way to add the CDC without palmering it?

Thanks.

I have a bunch of CDC that I've tried using for tying the EHC. When i try to palmer it the stems keep breaking on me. Is there a way to easily soften them or is there another effective way to add the CDC without palmering it?

Thanks.

It would be a massive help if you told us exactly where it is snapping.

Assuming it's at the tie in point, then I would hazard a guess and say you may be tying them in too close to the tip.

When you tie them in try taking a couple of "soft" turns at the butt end, then pull the plume through to nearer the tip. This way you will trap the stem and some fibres which will help strengthen at the tie in point.

It would be a massive help if you told us exactly where it is snapping.

Assuming it's at the tie in point, then I would hazard a guess and say you may be tying them in too close to the tip.

When you tie them in try taking a couple of "soft" turns at the butt end, then pull the plume through to nearer the tip. This way you will trap the stem and some fibres which will help strengthen at the tie in point.

Sorry, the snapping occurs at the stem. I tie it in at the tip and get halfway to the eye and she snaps.

I will take a look at that tool, thanks for the input everyone.