Fly Fusion Forums

Raising The Ghost

I suspect many have seen this youtube/Winston Channel video. I have been watching it over and over for years and just finished it again. (Good thing it ain't vinal or it would be a gonner) Anyhoo, does anybody want to give the slightest hint as to where in Northern BC this might be? Otherwise I have a pile of exploring to do and not enough time or $$$$ to get this #1 item on my flyfishing bucket accomplished. Not really serious about hints, more just putting this most amazing experience out there. I think these guys reaction would be mine and yours and is so very natural in relation to witnessing such an event.

Keep it in the water.

Troutguy

Get out and get exploring. Hope no one is dumb enough to give you the river....it's not as rare as these guys pretend, but most people were smart enough to not make a movie about it

Also think that other then the 'ol timers' interviews, it's a pretty woe is me movie. Guys complaining about not catching a fish in two or three days. Welcome to steelhead fishing

• Like 1

I intended on finding it myself as I have been exploring and experiencing the adventure of flowing waters for forty years. Still a very cool, " make you pee your pants with giddyness" video of crazy rising fish. I have never had the opp to fish for steelies but I understand it is very tough, thus this video is all the more astounding.

Peace, Love, Dove

• 1 month later...

Not exact on location in film (have a few ideas) but believe it or not several tribs in the Skeena system have great dryflyfishing. Do an annual trip every year and all our crew landed steelhead on dries last season. Big dries not needed!

Cool footage but the guy who keeps saying "this is not supposed to happen" drives me kind of nuts! Several fish were caught dead drifting dries on the Sustut last year, if you want to dish out 7000$, including tip, give the guys at Sweetwater Travel a call and try to get the first or second week of September. Your other option is to head to Skeena country in August or early September and fish 60 days in a row! The idea behind getting up there early is that you have a much better chance of encountering mayfly hatches...