Fly Fusion Forums

"cutty Streams"...2014....... What Can We Expect?

Last year was definitely a strange year for the "Cutty Streams" I regularly fish. After the high water/flooding, many changed their course and new runs, pools were made. Yes, it was fun "rediscovering" the new holes etc.

Some of the rivers got better and some others didn't fish as well as other years.

So now, a year later what can we expect? Last year there were very few hatches it seemed. I didn't see the usual Drakes, PMD or Caddis hatches that I usually would see. Therefore, there were a lot fewer rising fish, which is what I love about cutthroat fishing.?

As the new season approaches does anybody have any input on what we may expect regarding bug life? Either from experience or knowledge?

I'd be interested...

Al

it's hard to say but I think the next few seasons we will se less numbers but bigger fish until it rquals back out to some degree 06-10 roughly seemed to have a similar theme was some huge fish everywhere until te numbers bumped back up

• Like 1

the wierd thing i found about the tribs around the cutty hut was that the traditional dries that would match the traditional hatches seemed completely ineffective, yet super buggy attractors, especially the fat albert, would bring back the old pre flood warmth of recklessly rising cutties. i know some folks frown on specifics, but just curious, did anyone have success on upper dutch creek up from the campground post flood? any drastic changes up that way? was the first season in the past half dozen indidnt check it out......definitely gonna have to make a stop at the new cutty hut Al, i remember last year being at lot 3 in Racehorse Campground wondering "where the hell is this cutty hut place they keep talkin about".....