Fly Fusion Forums

First Two Seasons

Markusarulius

Hello everyone,

It is -30C. And like you I'm surfing the forums looking for pictures, videos and stories of warmer days. So, I might as well say hello and share mine.

I picked up fly fishing the summer before last after breaking my foot skateboarding. While it was not long before I could walk, I needed to lay off the action sports for a few months. I always wanted to give fly fishing a try, but never made an effort.

Since then I've become addicted. I've learned a lot, and caught a lot of (mostly little) fish. I usually fish the Bow near my place in Bowness and near my office in Kensington. Besides that, I've explored a number of places in AB and BC. I have fished the lower Bow twice, only to be skunked both times. I'm telling myself that this season will be different, and hope to experience the lower Bow that everyone raves about.

Anyways, here are a few shots of my first two seasons fumbling around on the water.

Pray for spring,

Mark

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg

I also like to draw. Still working on this...

18.jpg

• Like 5

surprised none of the forum whiners have jumped all over that fish laying on the rocks picture without first getting all the info needed. If it was actually a catch and release fish, all I'll say is please educate yourself through some of the many helpful posts on the board on proper fish handling, and if you ate it... YUM.

I absolutely love that hook up shot by the log jamb that is a freekin classic!

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, that artwork - you have a really good eye and great design skills. I'd buy the T-Shirt, for what it's worth :)

surprised none of the forum whiners have jumped all over that fish laying on the rocks picture without first getting all the info needed. If it was actually a catch and release fish, all I'll say is please educate yourself through some of the many helpful posts on the board on proper fish handling, and if you ate it... YUM.

I absolutely love that hook up shot by the log jamb that is a freekin classic!

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention, that artwork - you have a really good eye and great design skills. I'd buy the T-Shirt, for what it's worth :)

Thanks Hawgstoppah. All fish were catch and release. As for the fish on the rocks. My bad. I figured because it was still in the water it would not negatively affect the fish. Regardless, that was the first, and will be the last time I do that. I'll remove the shot.

I still need to finish the line work and colour on that shirt. I'll share the end product here (if allowed???) when it is done later this spring.

Well handled. I still remember long ago learning myself through this very forum, how to better handle fish.

I hope you can show us the finished drawing / painting / graphic? I am not sure why you wouldn't be able to unless it is for a non sponsoring fishing guide company, etc.