Fly Fusion Forums

Southern Alberta Advice

Teck71

Copied from my screw up in Bow River reports :blink:

Hi All,

Looking for a little Advice.

After spending most of my summer fishing north of the weir and in central AB. I have Finally got the time to head south. I am thinking Crowsnest Saturday and Oldman or Highwood Sunday coming home Monday to hit the Bow around Fish Creekfor 2 days. (crashing at night in the Van. It's about where ya fish not where ya sleep ;) ) so I have the ussually question about decent access point there and places where I can park the Van, Grab a couple hours sleep before heading out again

Any advice will be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Teck

Teck,

The best thing yuo can do is pick up a backroads mapbook for southern alberta. they cost about 20 bucks and most fly shops have them (i know troutfitters has a big pile of them for alberta and bc). it will have tons of road access points to fish rivers. keep it in your car and you can reference it whenever you are driving around the southern foothills. i haven't fished much lately down in the oldman drainage so others will have to prescribe access points in that area.

Here's a map to the Oldman TU lease on the Crow...

http://www.oldmantu.ca/lease.html

Good fishing all through the lease property. You just have to walk from the day-use parking area is all. No vehicles on the lease property.

Technically you can't overnight camp. I don't think you'll get too much grief if you stayed o/n in your van tho.

Good luck!

Clive