Fly Fusion Forums

Best Bang For Your Money Pontoons And Other 1 Man Boats

Dave2013

I ordered directly from Dave. He was great to deal with and promptly addressed any concerns I had and he also gave me a great deal on the boat and accessories that I ordered. Wayne

I bought my outlaw x5 directly from Dave. I will never deal with this company or Dave again. Took me 4 months from the time I purchased to the time I received all parts of my boat.

Terrible communication, and organization. Pm me if your interested in what happened.

But trust me do yourself a favor and don't deal directly with Dave scadden. U can thank me later

Dave is good when you're giving him a credit card number, past that......for one example, it took them over a year to get me a receipt...good boats, awful service. I'd recommend getting an Assault, however do any and all accessories yourself.

Deal with Nick at Troutwaters if you want good service.

It sounds like I am the only one with a good experience! I ordered my assault, upgraded oars, Scotty anchor mount, depth charge anchor and received my complete shipment within 3 weeks.

I did have a problem with the upgraded seat that I received with the boat but when I mentioned this at the Calgary expo I was told they were aware of the issue with the eva seat and took my contact info and sent me out a replacement seat at no cost to me.

Wayne

The guy that was at the show was awesome. However, I had a seat (i assume the back bars broke on yours wayne) and sidebag issue in October, and called and emailed (fully ignored on email) multiple times before it was late January and they were at the show to get it dealt with.

They also over charged my CC, which instead of just reversing the charge, he took about 3 months and about 10 phone calls to send me a cheque. Lots of 'cheque is in the mail', when obviously it was not.

Guess after working in retail, so I'm particularly not impressed. Guess it speaks to the boat once you finally get one....

The guy that was at the show was awesome. However, I had a seat (i assume the back bars broke on yours wayne) and sidebag issue in October, and called and emailed (fully ignored on email) multiple times before it was late January and they were at the show to get it dealt with.

They also over charged my CC, which instead of just reversing the charge, he took about 3 months and about 10 phone calls to send me a cheque. Lots of 'cheque is in the mail', when obviously it was not.

Guess after working in retail, so I'm particularly not impressed. Guess it speaks to the boat once you finally get one....

The reinforcement plastic bars popped out of the top of the seat, not a big deal as I have a industrial sewing machine at work so I was able to fix it. So now I have a spare seat.

looking for opinions on one man pontoons i am tossed up between the Dave Scadden Avenger or the Assault XX and the outcast Commander can anyone offer an opinion

I just got a Fish cat scout from Vemo for a really good price. $610 after discount, free delivery. this is the one http://www.vemoflyfishing.com/products/fish-cat-scout

They offered me a commander they use for a video shooting but $$$$ not enough. they were asking nine hundred.... :( get in contact with them.

I had the opportunity to test the fishcat scout and the outcast commander with vemo at a local pond and let me tell you that the commander is a really fast boat, easy to row and very responsive. The scout is really good too, fast, stable, it has really nice space in the back for all kind of gear. If i was you, I'll go with outcast / fishcat their products are the best, they are a huge company that have been in business for years and they have really good warranty. PLUS they have all kind of accessories. just saying