Fly Fusion Forums

Korker Chrome Vs Metalhead

ÜberFly

I have the chrome, awesome boots! I recomend the studded felts in summer and rubber studded for winter.

They are much better then the old Korkers guides because the replaceable treads cover the entire bottom

of the boot. They still look new after a full year of fishing.

i have used the chromes for the past few seasons and have been very pleased with them. they are a very comfortable and durable boot. The boa lacing system is very handy and makes it very easy to slip in and out of the boots. i have incountered a issue in the lacing system on both pairs of chromes i have owned. The inner tube of the lacing system begins to slide out. this has happened to me within the first couple of trips on both pairs. i have talked to a couple other guys that have had the same problem. its not hard to push them back in just get a bit annoying. besides that minor issue they have been great.

That's why I stick with lace ups. I have the Korkers Redside as they were the only boots that had the interchangeable soles with laces. My next pair of boots are gonna be the KGB's. They go higher on the ankle for better support and are still a lace up.