Fly Fusion Forums

New Pontoon Boat - Thoughts On A Frameless Fish Cat Scout

Hey guys:

So as dad and I search around for our new perfect 2-4 man boat, I thought about my own personal watercraft. Any opinions on this one (Outcast Fish Cat Scout)?:

http://www.outcastboats.com/outcast/products/default.aspx?series=20

This boat will be used 99% of the time for the pothole lakes around Edmonton, so it serves a specific need; its frameless, and will fit easily into my Elantra, no need for a motor mount, no need to have it go on flowing water, and its cheaper than the Commander model.

So, I really leaning towards this one, I know some guys don't like UV light and vinyl bladders, but it does come with a 5 year warranty.

Just looking for feedback if anyone out there has one or knows someone who bought this model. Don't try steer me back into a frame model - already got rid of my fishcat cougar for that very reason. I just want something better than a belly boat (i.e. is rowable and I can sit up).

Cheers!

Smitty

I would also look at a scadden outlaw escape. No bladders to worry about and not a lot more money. http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/2013summersale/2013summersale.html

Intrigued! Looks like it has more storage, but no built in rod holder. I suppose its not too much of an effort to add the holsters for a rod holder and the fish finder?...

Smitty

I have had my Scadden outlaw escape for a few years now, I also own a Scadden outlaw x5 which is way bigger, the Escape is an awesome all around mini pontoon / float tube, easy and quick to set up and hold up to 600 lbs, only 2 baldders and the seat.