Fly Fusion Forums

Line For My New 3 Weight

birchy

A good friend of mine recently sold me a like new TFO Ti 8' 3 weight..

I need to get line for it and I was wondering if I should get WF3F or WF4F. I'll be using it for the small streams and mostly dries..

I know the standard would be the WF3F, but I've heard alot of people say it's easier to cast when you go one heavier.

Thoughts?

Guest bigbadbrent

no need to go heavier unless your going to be fishing weight or need distance, or wind. Go with a 3 weight line, you'll be happy with it out on streams out west, 3 weights are a lot of fun

its not so much easier to cast when you're over lining, as it is easier to load the road. ..go with the WF3, trout taper mastery if you're looking at a great line

its not so much easier to cast when you're over lining, as it is easier to load the road. ..go with the WF3, trout taper mastery if you're looking at a great line

Exactly what I had in mind actually. :) Specifically the fire orange.. so I can see my loops better.

Why not try a double taper line instead. You said you plan on using it for small streams so distance is not a high priority, fishing dries with a double taper your presentation will be softer as well. Also if one gets beaten you can turn it around and use the other end.

Birchy,

Chances are your 3 wieght is rated as a 4 weight or a soft 5 as it is a TiCr so goin with a 4 F weight line is probably a good idea my 2 cents from what ol'boys have told me about these new fangled rods. Think about where and where your gonna be casting these lines and to what your gonna be casting too.

Regards Mike