Fly Fusion Forums

'toon Fishing

So I am stuck in Saskatoon for school, I came out here at the beginning of September and I'm going crazy having so many fishless days. I fished the bow almost every day this summer, and to quit cold turkey fishing the bow is harder then quitting cigarettes lol. Anyways does anyone know of any good places to flyfish around Saskatoon? Or even for that matter spin fish, I guess I could dust off the old spinning rod at a chance for some walleye for dinner. I have googled fishing in Saskatoon but you get more guiding and outfitting sites than anything. Are there any good forums such as this to get me started? Even some upland gamebird hunting would be a good way to spend some time away from the books but I don't know where to do that either. Thanks

Dude! Tiger beetles or perch streamers on deifenbaker would be DYNAMITE right now. Go to the riverhurst ferry and fish the big bay just to the left it. My best bow came out of there, a ten pound beaut. You can fish goldeye on the sask river right in town, or zip to the forestry farm stocked trout pond in town. There is a pretty good pond in buffalo pound provincial park. Lots of BIG brood stocks, tiger trout, and brookies. Have at er.

Sweet, thanks for the help guys. I'll have to check out that forum. It doesn't seem as stacked as this one with information but it should help. Also thanks esleech for the tips, Is Diefenbaker fishable from shore where you were saying?

Yes, it is fishable from shore. I caught most of my rainbows within 30 ft of shore there. You can also go to the hatchery itself. Lots of bows hanging around their old homes. Go across the lake by ferry and follow the highway that parallels the lake to the right. Turn right at the "can gro" sign. I would hit that buffalo pond troutpond first though. There are tons of fish in there. Theres usually an older fella fly fishing there...drives a forerunner.