Fly Fusion Forums

Demo Spey Rods

bigbrooktrout

Does anyone still demo spey rods in the calgary area?

i have a really good bunch of Meiser's that i'll demo and go out with you to test drive , only you'll just have to wait a couple weeks as i'm out the door in the morning for steelhead country

• Like 1

i have a really good bunch of Meiser's that i'll demo and go out with you to test drive , only you'll just have to wait a couple weeks as i'm out the door in the morning for steelhead country

Be right behind you,coming up to skeena on sunday the 14th for the week, too bad i missed the opportunity to test a BM on the river next week but another time.

I have a DTX 13 foot 8wt which is one of the best sticks I have ever used. My fav however is my Loop GASS 6wt 12.5foot, however this is too light for steelhead in my own opion.

Send me a PM and if I am not busy I am more then willing to let you try them out.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any spey demo's happening? I'm interested to give it a whirl

A bit late but just saw this on the fish tales site:

http://www.fishtalesflyshop.com/2012/09/03/spey-o-rama-october-23-2011-2/

Spey-O-Rama – April 21, 2013

This on-river session will be the same format as previous Fish Tales Spey-O-Ramas. A Fish Tales staffer will give a brief spey-casting demonstration which will be followed up with the opportunity for all attendees to try out a two-hand setup. Fish Tales demo rods and line setups will be available to all attendees and we encourage folks who already have gear to bring it along.

Location: Bankside in Fish Creek Park. Session will run from 1 – 3 p.m. (weather permitting.) Please dress for the weather including waders. No pre-registration required.

This is part of our Sunday seminar series that runs most Sundays from late October through December and mid-January through April.