Fly Fusion Forums

Boat Storage

Hi everyone,

I brought a boat to Calgary with me from Iowa and am storing it right now at a place I can only get into from 9-5 on weekdays and 9-4 on Saturday and not at all Sundays. Not very condusive to being able to actually use it. Anyone out there have any info on where I could store it that I could access it when I want to use it?! (Its a 16 ft aluminum).

Also - where do you guys reccomend shopping for fishing and hunting gear?

Thanks to all!

Bill

Guest bigbadbrent

depending where you live,

if your anywhere in the north, especially west, Troutfitters is the place to go..in the south, there are a bunch of places (Fish tales, Wholesale Sports, West Winds, etc)

for hunting gear, go to wholesale sports in the south - deerfoot meadows mall by the brick and superstore. if you are in need of a fire arm or just gear - calls, tags etc, ask for brent. - just tell him that fishing girl sent you. he should know who you are talking about. need a bow? - go to wholesale, russell's, calgary archery centre or Jimbow's

if you are looking camping gear, wholesale, camper's village

as for fishing, it depends on what you need. in general and for nothing specialized or specific you can try wholesale, russells or the fishing hole. more specialized thing or something specific troutfitters, fish tails and country pleasures.

wholesale fishing department ask for George W. or either Mike for fly stuff. over at russells kurt is great. both the guys at troutfitters were great but i can't remember their names and i have only been to the fishing hole once but the manager was very helpful.

for just general crap - canadian tire and walmart will do