Fly Fusion Forums

Backcountry Fires

Im going backpacking in kananaskis specifically bluerock wildland pp. i will be camping in a random backpacking area. On the parks website it states fires are allowed but collecting and burning deadwood is not permited? i want to have a fire but i dont want to break the law in the process. does anyone know any more information on the topic. I know people have campfires in kananaskis with found wood i just need to know more on the topic.

Im going backpacking in kananaskis specifically bluerock wildland pp. i will be camping in a random backpacking area. On the parks website it states fires are allowed but collecting and burning deadwood is not permited? i want to have a fire but i dont want to break the law in the process. does anyone know any more information on the topic. I know people have campfires in kananaskis with found wood i just need to know more on the topic.

If you can have a fire but you can't use deadwood, you have to pack in your lumber to follow the law.

Dead fall is fine but it's recommended that you collect it from afar as opposed to close in. Try to use an established ring so that you try and prevent scaring.

P

Yup just re-read the website. Wild land park it is ok to use deadfall!! It's provincial recreation areas where you can't use deadfall!!! I'll try and post the info!!

I always thought in a Woodland park it was ok for deadfall. In a Provincial parks and recreation areasits a no no for fires outside an established and designated spot. You can't cut any wood down alive or dead!

If you can have a fire but you can't use deadwood, you have to pack in your lumber to follow the law.

Just go to get a firewood permit which is good for 30 days only $5 and your fine to use up to 6 trees of dead fall or standing dead wood. this is the website with maps of areas you can cut wood. Its alot of area http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FormsOnlineServi...rnrockiesregion

Of course there are still areas where its not permitted so it depends on your path.

Just go to get a firewood permit which is good for 30 days only $5 and your fine to use up to 6 trees of dead fall or standing dead wood. this is the website with maps of areas you can cut wood. Its alot of area http://www.srd.alberta.ca/FormsOnlineServi...rnrockiesregion

Of course there are still areas where its not permitted so it depends on your path.

Thanks! I never knew about this.