Fly Fusion Forums

Lost Flybox

hairygrump

Got stupid today and didn't zip up the pocket that holds my flybox. Needless to say, it dissapeared down Fallen Timber when I was releasing a nice little brown. No, theres little chance of me ever getting it back. So, seeing as I've lost all the dryflys and nymphs that I've collected over the last few years I need to start over. What I would like to do is build up a streamlined collection that

will work all over the place, (Calgary, Crowsnest, Mountain and foothill streams) Here is my list, anything I should add to round it out. Figured the collective brain around here would be pretty useful

Stimulators 8,10,12

EHC 12,14,16

Green Drakes12,14

BWOs 16,18

PMDs 16,18

Humpys 14,16

adams parachute 14,16,18

ants 14

Daves hoppers 8,10

trico spinner 18,20,22

kaufman golden stone 6,8,10

kaufman black stone 6,8,10

What am I missing? Anything I can leave out?

Also, I was using one of those plastic grey flyboxes with the slit foam. It wore out pretty quick and dropped flys. Any suggestions for a new flybox?

The last time I was on the banks of the river there were a few Mosquitos buzzing around. Foam beetles are always a good choice too.

Murray

http://www.reelflies.ca/fly_box_medium_dou...dium-double.htm or the larger one if u are using streamers. These are the best boxes that I have ever used.

Flies are great here too, and about 1/4 the price of the local shops.