Fly Fusion Forums

In Search Of Pure Alberta

Guest FoamStoner

Guest JBear

Made it out for a short little trip to a new to me area. Pretty much a scouting trip, and lots of long hauls down back roads. Found a great lake, and some really good streams that were loaded with grayling, some really nice sized grayling. These were my first dry fly days of the year, and looking forward to more! I think the highlights of this trip, was 1. finding an abundance of athabascan rainbows. Caught quite a few of them actually. And 2. Helping/Guiding my cousin to his first ever grayling/fish on the dry, it was a long time coming, with some unsuccessful trips for him, and he was rewarded with the fish of the trip. A beautiful grayling that SMOKED a caddis. And last but not least, this was my first trip without my dad, which was different, but we made it through with not a single issue the entire way.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0024-1.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

After day one, with lots of hiking and walking, we came back to camp, and i lit up the barbeque. Had a fantastic meal.

DSC_0074.jpgDSC_0078.jpg

Day 2 was on a different stream, wasn't as productive, only really fished one pool that really produced, which was right by the road. Which I found odd.

DSC_0058.jpgDSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

All in all, it was great trip, the 3 weights havn't had much attention in a while, and had a blast with the little sticks and dry flies.