Fly Fusion Forums

Ep Fibre Question.

ericlin0122

Hi,

I am learning to tie some streamers using EP (Enrico Puglisi) fibre. I have a question about the eye...

Saw many people epoxy the eyes onto the fly. Is it really secure? I am gonna tie some for pike fishing, and is afraid of eyes falloff very easy. How do epoxy eyes onto the fibre correctly?

I also tried to tie some with aluminum big eye, the only concern I have is that it might be too heavy to cast.

There is really not that much information on the web about how to tie these flies. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi,

I am learning to tie some streamers using EP (Enrico Puglisi) fibre. I have a question about the eye...

Saw many people epoxy the eyes onto the fly. Is it really secure? I am gonna tie some for pike fishing, and is afraid of eyes falloff very easy. How do epoxy eyes onto the fibre correctly?

I also tried to tie some with aluminum big eye, the only concern I have is that it might be too heavy to cast.

There is really not that much information on the web about how to tie these flies. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

I have found that the two part epoxy ( I forget what it is called, I can check when I get home from work) works the best. Use a toothpick and put a decent sized dab of it and then drop the eye on top and push down. Once you have put both eyes on, push and hold them together for atleast a minute with your thumb and index finger. The eyes generally stay on for quite a while but that is not to say they don't occasionally fall off after being ravaged. I love the EP fibre for most of my bully and pike flies.