Fly Fusion Forums

Popper Heads?

Guest ArtVandelay

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

they used to have them at whole sale but if you want to swing by i have a few you can take with you on your trip to Toba

Make your own from gardening "kneeling pads" or colorful (or black) flip flop soles. Easy to whittle down or cut with a 'coring" tool made from ½-inch copper tube. You can make dozens of popper or slider heads from a few dollars worth of foam.

The slider heads shown here are all home made...some look rough...the fish don't care too much.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

that is a material i have never had work right for me. tryied spinning it on a drill with sand paper, cut with razor blades and it just wont look good for me. I spinn sliders on the dremil with the screwhead and some 60 grit sand paper and they take about 30 seconds each to shape.

even the hand cut and hhand sanded only take a min or 2, its the quality painting that takes time, wating for laquers to dry is a pain so i use accrylics and clear coat them with good clear nail polish (3 layers +).

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

not unless you have a drafting job for when we get back lol. but i think i still have some balsa you can have to make a few

Mr. ArtVandelay The ones you need are PeeWee pops made by Rainy's, Then you cut and fit over Marabou and shank of hook.

Bottoms Up.

Mike

I use the Pee Wee pops as well, although I just realized that I only have one left, Crap!! Mike do you guys have them in the shop?

Colin