Fly Fusion Forums

Waders Question

My fiancee needs some waders, and has managed to try on a couple at local shops, but I would also like a few suggestions. She is 5'0", with a curvy-build and size 7.5-8 (womens' sizes) feet. Any suggestions on quality, breathable, stocking-foot waders that would likely have a good fit, but will not break the bank?

Since most waders are targeted at men 5'8"-6'2", finding waders that fit her well is becoming a longish adventure, and I do not want to buy online, as trying-on is impossible, and exchanges typically take forever and cost muy shipping.

I know my wife had a heck of a time trying to find some and used a small mens set for the 1st season. We were able to find some Patagonia women's specific waders as they were discontinuing them. They are a great wader and you should still be able to find some online somewhere at a very good price (Ebay/Sierra Tarding Post or BRTFs may even have some still in stock). Either way, if she wants to try on Deb's just to get an idea of fit she is more then welcome (though Deb is a little taller - I think Deb got Medium with 8/9 feet - there have been issues with the foot sizing with the Pati's)...

But as you mentioned, buying online has it's disadvantages so Jay's suggestion of the Redington's @ FTs is a good one...

Peter

My fiancee needs some waders, and has managed to try on a couple at local shops, but I would also like a few suggestions. She is 5'0", with a curvy-build and size 7.5-8 (womens' sizes) feet. Any suggestions on quality, breathable, stocking-foot waders that would likely have a good fit, but will not break the bank?

Since most waders are targeted at men 5'8"-6'2", finding waders that fit her well is becoming a longish adventure, and I do not want to buy online, as trying-on is impossible, and exchanges typically take forever and cost muy shipping.

Redington carries lots of sizes. Unfortunately for me, the breathables I have cost over $300 due to my long inseams. Breathables are the way to go, both summer and winter - and to keep warm in the cold waters, a basic pair of thin nylon pants are the ticket.

Check out the Reds, i'm impressed with mine.

I can give a Perspective that might be useful .

I have been fortunate to try the Woman Redington waders and now have a pair of Woman's Simms. Both are great waders. The Redington has some good woman's sizing and would be great to try out. If your willing to spend a little extra money i would say go for the Simms. They have sizing's that fit all body types. From what you described her as i would go for the Simms headwaters Short Full Waders as they would probably fit her more comfortably.

http://www.simmsfishing.com/site/sizing_ch...ader_Chart.html

Hope this helps!