Fly Fusion Forums

Early Season Shoreline Hunter

monger

As the water rises and warms you will see them moving into back bays and swampy spots. There is pike from Bowness to Carsland. Not sure if there is a huge population but they are around. I've seen some 10-12 lbers. Even the Rapala boys don't seem to catch too many.

As the water rises and warms you will see them moving into back bays and swampy spots. There is pike from Bowness to Carsland. Not sure if there is a huge population but they are around. I've seen some 10-12 lbers. Even the Rapala boys don't seem to catch too many.

to busy gettin the big browns

thanks for responding to my question, no one can kill a thread faster than me just for showing up :) anyways thanks man. I know alot of you have had the encounters.......... guess it just takes the right person asking. Im awesome, yea!

How often do you guys see Pike in the river, is it rare to spot/catch one or are they more common than I think? U see and hear lots but Ive never had an encounter on the Bow.

I usually hook into one or two of em in the spring, big ones too! But they don't really fight much, most of the time I think i'm hooked into a log or something until it starts swimming of course lol