Fly Fusion Forums

Shout Out To Glenbow

brewingup

I have seen a number of 'Thank You' posts on the board and have been building up some courage to say thanks to Glenbow.

I basically tought myself to flyfish as a kid and didn't have much experience beyond dry fly fishing about 5 different patterns. I loved it but got distracted over the years (family / kids / etc).

About this time last year I bought a new rod and reel and started feeling a real strong desire to get back out there after about 10 years.

I went to Kananaskis with my wife and a ton of motivation, but started getting pretty downhearted watching people pull beautiful bulls and rainbows while i was suckin it hard.

Then I watched Glenbow pull a beauty 30" bull and could not believe my eyes! I sheepishly asked him for some pointers and to my surprise he was more than willing to help me out, give me flies and even put me in his spot (which was the best spot to be)!! I reluctantly accepted his generousity, and i'm sure glad I did.

Wouldn't you know it, I started catching fish and had one of the best days ever. My entire year has been a continuation of that day. I have learned so much (also thanks to this board!) and I often wonder if it would have even been near as enjoyable hadn't he helped me out. I don't think it would have.

So thank you. Here's the beauty bull Glenbow pulled that day (I hope you don't mine me posting your pic) and one of mine.

post-1136-1190770146.jpg

post-1136-1190770155.jpg

post-1136-1190770162.jpg

You guys are gonna make me cry........

Brewingup, you're more than welcome, and thanks a lot for the kind post. My take on fly-fishing is that it's about fun more than anything. I feel that we are all out there for the same reasons - to relax, enjoy nature & catch a few fish if we can. If I see someone (like yourself as an example) trying hard but not succeeding, I feel best about myself & our sport by lending any help I can. You can't imagine how good I felt watching you catch some fish after we got acquainted, it really made me feel great too. I could tell by your smiles that you didn't feel too bad either! Anyhow, it was truly my pleasure to 'lend a hand' and get to know you a bit, and I would love to get together and fish with you again when you have time. Drop me a line anytime, and thanks again for your thoughtful post. Happy fishing!

BBT, the lake whites are you-know-where in force, same method as before.

Lone Fisher, please teach me how to cast one of these days, will ya? I'm tired of just watching you catch fish all the time!

Here's one of my finer catches:

Maine10.jpg

See y'all on the water.............>))))))))'>

I went to Kananaskis with my wife and a ton of motivation, but started getting pretty downhearted watching people pull beautiful bulls and rainbows while i was suckin it hard.

I do not have a lot of successful fishing in Kananaskis also. Is it possible that you can tell me where are you guys fishing in Kananaskis? And maybe I will run into Glenbow as well for few tips. :rolleyes:

Thanks.