Fly Fusion Forums

Pics From Texas.

bbhill

I haven't posted anything on here for a while, although I do read everyone else's posts all the time. I just thought I'd share some pics of my 'not so big' bass I've caught while living in Dallas Texas the last 2 yrs while attending Chiropractic College. My limited fishing to small residential ponds means nothing too spectacular by way of size but sure has been fun learning to catch a different kind of fish. I really miss the Bow river though and big trout. Hope the pics come through.

post-2786-1326692480.jpg

These Sand Bass are surprisingly great fighters for their size. A lot of fun.

post-2786-1326692367.jpg

This was actually during last summer when we came home to visit family and took a day to go back in the mountains. My first Bull trout.

post-2786-1326692471.jpg

Sorry about the repost. These pics still aren't that great. I'll work at reformatting the pics to a more manageable size next time I make a post.

If these pics don't come through then I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Nice!

To get you pictures bigger, use a picture server, like photobucket or imageshack. You upload to the servers, then link to the picture via the "insert image" icon at the top left of the dialog box.

I've never caught bass on a fly rod, but I know it must be a blast. When they start getting more active, try some sort of popper on them. Bass topwater takes are awesome!

It really has been fun learning to fish for bass. That's why I love fly fishing so much, there's always something new to learn and challenge you with. Thanks for the pic advice 'rickr' and I do have some poppers I'm excited to try come spring (soon here).