Fly Fusion Forums

Redington-waders

Hi all, I have been using the sonic pro waders for a few months now and so have my for boys. For me the water proof zipper in the front is the BIG feature worth having for us coffee drinkers. :caffeepot: Easy access if you know what I mean.?.

Someone recently asked me about some issues with them having a seam go out. I had heard from a buddy of mine in BC about that happening but Redington handled it for him. As a product manufacture I know we are always looking for flaws in different batches of products. Not a big deal at all! Redington has been a great company for myself and my clients but I am interested in learning about others experiences.

I am a guy that demands comfort when fishing and I have a few pairs of $700 waders in my closet and I would happily trade both pairs for another set of Sonic P's. I say (P's) instead of "pro" because of the zipper that allows me to...well, you know.?. :$*%&:

Any other Sonic Pro fans out there??? Have you had any issues with them?

post-4376-1324411378.jpg

I have been eyeing these wader for awhile now. I always wait a year after a "superior technology" hits the market to see how it performs. The guys using them say they do perform well.

Looks like the zip-front model is an extra $100... Until I piss myself, I'll probably go with regular sonic pro's

I have the Sonic Pros in both the zipper front and pants. The previous models prior to the sonics commonly blew seams, the new sonics are light years ahead.

I also find the Redingtons are perhaps the most comfy of any waders I've worn. I got my latest sets in late october so besides 15 days in BC I don't have much time on them.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

LOVE them. I have not had a problem with mine yet but im only 1 season in on them. I had the last batch untill the zipper went screwy on me but the material and all seams held strong.

I will not clip my hemos to the top bit as i think that is why my zipper went, just a bit too much with them bouncing around and the top became miss aligned.

Super nice fit when kneeling to pick something up or squatting around on a boat all day.

Made the investment and I am so happy. I can still feel my legs after an hour kickin around, Now I have no excuse to get in the water. Seriously though I am really amazed by the quality. I been a little cheap when it came to my waders. Yes I regret it each time. No Regret No More!!!!!!!!!!

I have a pair of the zip fronts -- the original version that had stitched seams. I know Redington had some problems with this line when they first came out two or three years ago. The problems had to do with the seams, the neoprene feet, and I believe the weight of the material in certain locations. They have redesigned the waders to deal with all these problems and the new Sonic Pro line is much better. I believe they also found a new manufacturer who's got a better handle on quality control. Even with the problems on the original version, I have to say mine have stood up quite well. I have two full seasons on them now and have had no problems to date. The other thing to bear in mind, is that the Canadian reps for Redington are very accommodating in dealing with any defects.

I like the waders so much that I have a second pair waiting in the box for when the first pair eventually wears out (no sign of that yet). I also bought a pair of their Sonic Pro wading pants this fall, but I haven't had a chance to try them out yet.

The zipper front is great for obvious reasons. However, I have found the zipper can be stiff at times and difficult to zip. I solved that problem by wiping on a bit of jigaloo (a non-oil based lubricant) at the start of the season. Now I can zip my fly down in a flash, just like a young guy. :lol: Terry

Guest Dennis59

Terry you I'm think that's a bit to much info too. <--poke--< Next time fishing with you I'm making sure someone's between you and I. :eek:

See you in Apr hopefully. Or are you coming up for the Jan Seminar.

I've been thinking of getting these also. Glad to hear all the good reports.

All Have a Merry Christmas and a Safe Holiday Season

Tight Lines Always

Dennis S. :laxfisher::fish_jump:

• 3 weeks later...