Fly Fusion Forums

Who Would Pay For This...

I seem to recall about 20 years ago the Canadian Art Gallery bought a painting entitled "Tree" . Get this it was a totally red background with a blue stripe running up the center of it. They paid 7 million for it. So yes there is people stupid enough to pay that much for a painting.

I seem to recall about 20 years ago the Canadian Art Gallery bought a painting entitled "Tree" . Get this it was a totally red background with a blue stripe running up the center of it. They paid 7 million for it. So yes there is people stupid enough to pay that much for a painting.

Those people are the Canadian taxpayers. I don't know art but i didn't like that.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i remember going through the national art gallery in Ottawa and shaking my head at the "art". I love the building but i hate most of whats in it j/k

Hey Grndrake

I remember that fiasco - not that it makes it any less ridiculous, but it was called the "Voice of fire" and cost 1.8 million (and you have the colours inverted)

I only remember it so well because I lived there at the time and a farmer painted and replica on the side of his barn for 40 bucks - hilarious