Fly Fusion Forums

Silver Doctor Verses The Silver Bullet

SilverDoctor

Hey Silver Doctor did you manage to hit some fish on the Skeena??? Most of those shots look like the copper..execept for the moose crossing that looks like the Skeena. Reports from up on the Skeena drainage are pretty bleak so far... O well high water and my theory is the run is about a week late, due to the high water.

Yep, you’re right, good eye the moose is on the Skeena, You obviously have been up there as I surmised with a handle like mykiss (Oncorhynchus mykiss)

Me and my fishing partner had been talking with locals up there for weeks before out trip. The Skeena was quite high. It was certainly in fishable” condition but we heard there where not a lot of Steelhead taken when we where there, mostly Coho and pink. That’s why we headed for the Copper (and the fact that is my favorite river). It was running clearer. The guys said runs where starting there and we found fish in the lower part of the river.

I heard from a buddy that they where getting some rain which will get fish moving up the system. The Skeena has dropped about 3 feet since I was there. They figure the major runs are about 2 weeks away.

Are you heading up there?

Yep headed up that way for a couple of weeks.. Rain/showers in the forcast maybe good maybe bad depending on amounts. Most rivers are in rollercoaster mode out there right now with levels going up then down...then up and so on. Hopefully that will put a charge into the fish to stop being lazy and move on up.

Me and Greg are going up right after we eat thanksgiving dinner... I can't wait. Your post makes me want to be there right now.. :lol:

I wish I could go again this year. Ah to be ritch and fish all the time. I count myself lucky for being able to hit these rivers many time in my life. Every time I get back I get the "migration" urge again. Steelhead get under your skin.