Fly Fusion Forums

Beaver Lake Update

Guest tallieho

I think some of you whom fit into the 7X crowd that brag about 40 fish days in the summer are more to blame than a few crazy ice fishermen. Nobody is free of blame I know I have had some hot fish not release so well after being pulled around the bay for 10 minutes. It is sure is easy to point fingers for some of us who know it all........

I think some of you whom fit into the 7X crowd that brag about 40 fish days in the summer are more to blame than a few crazy ice fishermen. Nobody is free of blame I know I have had some hot fish not release so well after being pulled around the bay for 10 minutes. It is sure is easy to point fingers for some of us who know it all........

Yeah the 7x on a 2 weight thing can be bad however it pales in comparison to some of the things you see at stocked lakes.

I witnessed a rainbow caught at Allen bill pond this summer. Dragged over the rocks by a gaggle of screaming children until mom could be torn away from the beer cooler long enough to pin the poor fish down with her foot to tear the hook out. Fish was retuned by aforementioned screaming kids playing hot potato with it. Or last year where I watched someone who was a dead ringer for Cletus the Slack Jawed Yokel drag a fish from McLean pond through the grass to his chair so he didn't have to get up, followed by the classic underhanded lob release.

Frankly I think you should have to sit a course before you are allowed a fishing license the same way we manage hunting licenses.