Fly Fusion Forums

Torn New Fly Line

hybridfive

Bought Some new SA Supra 5 Weight line Last week and been out 4 times since i got it. This line has the welded loop and guy down at wholesale recommended it as a nice budget line. I love it. Problem is i was bringing in this 19" cuttie yesterday and realized when i landed the beauty the loop had torn away and was left with a stright line. I've emailed Scientific Angler, but was wondering if anyone else has had similar problem and whether warranty covers this? If not, i also wanted to know if by cutting the torn loop remains off and tying a perfection loop with loads of head cement would have any negitive effects on the line.

Thanks,

Nik

Picture Removed http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=6266

Or you could cut off the busted welded loop, then take an old leader which has a perfection loop pre-tied, and attach the non loop end to the fly line with a nail knot. Apply some UV knot sense where you cut the fly line so it won't get water logged. Then you still have a loop to loop connection.

Better yet, take it back to where you bought it and get them to send it in!!

Oh yeah, Wholesale Sports won't do that (next time go to a dedicated fly shop [any of the sponsored shops on here] and they'll take care of you!)!!

P

Thanks for the answers guys I was told that by cutting the line it would ruin the tension and taper. SA replied and said to send the line in. I think ill just make my own loop.

Better yet, take it back to where you bought it and get them to send it in!!

Oh yeah, Wholesale Sports won't do that (next time go to a dedicated fly shop [any of the sponsored shops on here] and they'll take care of you!)!!

P

Why bash a business? He contacted SA they said send it in, throw it in an envelope and mail it in , you'll get a new line (probably an upgraded one) and probably some SA swag (you won't get that from the local dedicated fly shop). And SA will get a chance to examine a potentially defective product instead of it going into the trash at the local flyshop and the manufacture never knowing about it.

Colin

Colin,

Your probably right... My exp. with returning lines is that the specific shop must send in the line to get a reimbursement (at least that is what I've been told they had to do)... My other motive was to try and save hybridfive a couple of bucks in postage plus his time & effort... My "bashing" was directed at WSS b/c they (historically) don't tend to provide customer service like they should (they also refuse to send in rods that were purchased there for warrantee issues and place the onus on the consumer/purchaser to do what I would expect to be THEIR job - as that is the essence of customer service), I guess I was trying to illustrate that one should support a business that stands behind the products they sell (& manufactures they represent) instead of passing the buck (so to speak)...

P

Why bash a business? He contacted SA they said send it in, throw it in an envelope and mail it in , you'll get a new line (probably an upgraded one) and probably some SA swag (you won't get that from the local dedicated fly shop). And SA will get a chance to examine a potentially defective product instead of it going into the trash at the local flyshop and the manufacture never knowing about it.

Colin