Fly Fusion Forums

Wireless Router Help Sought

I needed to reset my wireless router recently (was no longer showing up on the iBook and still showing up on the iMac but wasn't allowing me to connect) and I can't for the life of me get it working again beyond an unsecured network (my neighbor set it up for me about 4 - 5 years ago). Anyway can anyone walk me through it?! It's a Hawking HWRGM1A. I can access the website, but I'm not sure what to input within the required fields. Depending on how much work it takes there might be some beer (or another beverage) in it for whom ever helps...

Cheers,

Peter

The step by step manual is here:

http://hawkingtech.com/index.php/products/...adfile/208.html (just a pdf doc)

support page for your router is here: http://hawkingtech.com/index.php/products/...rs/hwrgm1a.html

Login to the router with the user pass (default is admin/1234) and follow through the setup wizard link on the left. That will take you through the wireless settings as well. The SSID is your wireless network name, choose your security type and give it a password.

Your broadband connection type should be cable modem - dynamic ip.

I wouldn't worry about the software install. If you have questions, post back.

Thanks BiggyJ for helping me out last night! One little hiccup is that it still won't allow me to connect with my old network name (really weird as I can set up the network under that name, but it won't allow me to connect)...

Cheers,

P

Thanks BiggyJ for helping me out last night! One little hiccup is that it still won't allow me to connect with my old network name (really weird as I can set up the network under that name, but it won't allow me to connect)...

Cheers,

P

try setup with different network name.

sometimes the mac/pc remember the old ones and just use the old setup, which cause the problem.

Yeah when I try the old name it shows up on the available networks, but won't allow me to connect...

Not that big a deal at this point though...

Thanks,

P

try setup with different network name.

sometimes the mac/pc remember the old ones and just use the old setup, which cause the problem.