Fly Fusion Forums

Seeing The Excitement

reevesr1

My 18 yr old is leaving tomorrow to go back to university. We did not get to fish together as much as either of us would like I think (I know that is true for me, I think it's true for him) because our schedules didn't mesh all that well this summer. We will do a trip in late September to put a hurtin' on some cutties. But he did get a chance to get out tonite with one of his friends. He asked me to come, but I couldn't make it.

He just blew into the house a few minutes ago to take a quick shower, change clothes, and go hit the town. But he ran downstairs several times to tell me about the fish they caught and missed this afternoon/evening. I got more enjoyment out of watching the excitement on his face, and the excitement of his friend, than I would if I had been there myself. Not only did they have the excitement of the trout, but they got to do it without either of their dad's there. It was both of theirs first really big day on their own. Very cool.

Now I have two more kids to work on. They are tougher.......

I took my sister out fly fishing for the first time a few weeks ago after doing some casting practice on the lawn. We went to a spot with lots of small trout as I didn't want to discourage her on the Bow lol Anyways after an hour or so of casting to rising trout she finally hooked into one and seeing the excitement on her face was great! Couldn't turn that smile off if she tried! She kept saying how awesome it was and how much fun it was to hook into a trout. Made my day for sure!! Always fun watching others catch fish :)