Fly Fusion Forums

Protecting The Sacred Headwaters

I recently got my issue of Fly Fusion in the mail and noticed there is a large segment discussing the Skeena, Nass, and Stikine rivers. Also known as the Sacred Headwaters and have been declared the most endangered rivers by the province of B.C. The problem, as Yvon Chouinard states is, "...it is the very spot that the B.C. government has given Royal Dutch Shell license to drill thousands of gas wells to extract coalbed methane." I couldn't believe what I read in the magazine and I personally wrote a letter to the provincial government that took me maybe 5 minutes of my time. You guys can do whatever you like, but I suggest you pick up a copy of Fly Fusion to read more about the problem. April Vokey left an address that you can write to so your voice will be heard: The Honourable Christy Clark, Premier of British Columbia, box 9041, Station PROV GOVT, Victoria B.C. She also mentions a fax number too (250) 387-0087