Fly Fusion Forums

Buying Materials

Birddog

I buy at several shops, Troutfitters, Southbow and the Fishing Hole. There are certainly a few other shops to buy tying stuff at but those are the ones I happen to frequent and like. Look for the sponsors ads here also. I also buy online for specialty things the local shops don't carry, it really depends on what you need, in the way of materials. Yes it does add up but every hobby does.

Hello, just wondering where most people there materilas for making flys? any websites? fasvorite shops? ive bought some stuff and its adding up.

Thanks

Well, aside from Wholesale Sports, Fishing Hole, Westwinds, and Fish Tales, I buy a number of items online (eBay, mostly), and at non-fishing shops, like Buckskin Leather (can't beat $4 rabbit skins), Beads and Plenty More (Northland Village...great glass bead selection),...and hit up hunters I know for spare fur and feathers. Craft shops also have some interesting finds for materials.

It often pays to buddy-up with other tyers and split the cost on larger amounts (like 500 packs of hooks, or whole skins, etc).

• 3 weeks later...