Fly Fusion Forums

Need A Good Auto Body Shop

OOoops my bad - backed out of the garage with the wife's 2002 Rav4 and caught the taillight assembly against the corner of the holiday trailer some IDIOT had left parked there (that would be me as well).

After some delays, the used parts guys tell me they have the part waiting for me. Now I need someone to install it and correct the dings in the panel around it - not major but noticeable.

I have been to a body shop before (not Calgary) and almost had to leave my first born there, but they settled for the left arm to the elbow.

Anybody know of a reputable auto body guy to install, make beautiful and get me out of the doghouse?

Thanks.

tom

Thanks Simpson,

Yes the paint is damaged - there is about a in patch that flaked right off - shiny metal showing.

However, I will drop over to that shop and get a quote. I have no experience with shops in Calgary, so I appreciate any pointers and info.

Tom

Try Cosmo's Collision or Calgary Coachworks.

Many guys in my VW/Audi club use them and are very pleased with their work.

Andrew

Keith at J&K Auto. Happy with 2 jobs he's done for me where others were footing the bill. A few shops I contacted were nearly double their price. I didn't want to screw over the people who were willing to pay for damage they did.

Carstar in midnapore does good job at decent prices. Sounds to me like you need the whole panel painted. It might be a small ding but dont settle for a patch repair, it will haunt you later on(learned this the hard way with my pathfinder, backed into a loading ramp).

Good luck!

Thanks for the info folks. I will check these out.

Right now I am in a quandry cuz its a 10 yr old vehicle, and the damage is all cosmetic, and the initial price from a body shop was north of 2k.

The chief spousal unit is saying things like "spray it from a can and take me to Vegas for a week"

Hard to argue with the logic - the Rav is in top shape mechanically, and we will probalbly keep it for at least another 5 yrs, so I doubt we would ever get the value from the proper fix.

However, SU's are notorious for changing thier view.