Fly Fusion Forums

Floating The Bow In A Paddle Boat?

j5ep00

haha well if you have seen other people doing it im going to tell him to giver

if it works i might have to hop in there with him one day.

from what i rember using these boats on arbour lake and places of the sort they seem stable enough.

well if you see someone stuck on the side of the river in one of these its probally him.

point and laugh as you float by lol

idots go down it in inner tubes all the time why not a paddle boat!

do you know how easy it would be to swamp a low profile paddleboat? they are ridgid plastic, pretty heavy to begin with..throw two people in there(you would need 2 people for stability) you'd get swamped and flip it first sign of rapids..I grew up in one of those boats when i was a kid at the lake..we'd get swamped by fast moving speedboats .. unless it's quite a different rig than a typical paddle boat..bad idea..those things draw quite a bit of water also, so getting grounded would have to be a concern as well..

do you know how easy it would be to swamp a low profile paddleboat? they are ridgid plastic, pretty heavy to begin with..throw two people in there(you would need 2 people for stability) you'd get swamped and flip it first sign of rapids..I grew up in one of those boats when i was a kid at the lake..we'd get swamped by fast moving speedboats .. unless it's quite a different rig than a typical paddle boat..bad idea..those things draw quite a bit of water also, so getting grounded would have to be a concern as well..

The one's I saw were not low profile. They were like pontoon boats with paddlewheels mounted on either side of each pontoon. They were nothing like a lake paddleboat.

Edit:

I cannot find a picture, but here, I think, is the a patent application for it:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6083062-fulltext.html

I pulled the one that was stuck at North Bow Lodge out and beached it last year..If you are thinking of doing this, buy lots of life insurance...Besides being unsafe, it will not make a fishing platform...If you are that desperate to float the Bow, save your money and but a Pontoon...

I know i saw one beached down there..that was a regular paddle boat though right?

The one's I saw were not low profile. They were like pontoon boats with paddlewheels mounted on either side of each pontoon. They were nothing like a lake paddleboat.

Edit:

I cannot find a picture, but here, I think, is the a patent application for it:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6083062-fulltext.html

I've seen those, the ones with two big blue paddlewheels, they look good, you can sit up fish and manuver it with your legs..

Did they look like any of these?

paddleBoat.jpg

Betten_paddleboat.jpg

vinci-paddleboat.jpg

While the 3rd one has a decidedly redneck feel to it, and therefore makes me think of home, I think I have to go with 2. In it, I can drift though anyones water and just dare them to say anything! In my version, those red things would be real rockets! With them, I could shoot Fish-Rite Power Drifters.

Just kidding there Fishhead!! Couldn't resist.