Fly Fusion Forums

Rubber Legged Grhe & Kungfools Boatman

Din

Tied these up just now...not sure about the boatman...hopefully kungfool can point some things out for me. Any insight on them would be great! thanks. Mitch

Boatman

haresearssillylegs001.jpg

haresearssillylegs002.jpg

GRHE

haresearssillylegs003.jpg

haresearssillylegs010.jpg

sorry for the double post...dont know how to get rid of one...

Tied these up just now...not sure about the boatman...hopefully kungfool can point some things out for me. Any insight on them would be great! thanks. Mitch

Boatman

haresearssillylegs001.jpg

haresearssillylegs002.jpg

GRHE

haresearssillylegs003.jpg

haresearssillylegs010.jpg

sorry for the double post...dont know how to get rid of one...

Good looking ties there Din! :) The only thing I would suggest is getting the body of the boatman a little fuller, and try to get the legs to stick out a touch more. I find if you dont they tend to move back along the body after its fished for a while. If the biots are facing concave into the body they seem to spread better.

Good looking ties there Din! :) The only thing I would suggest is getting the body of the boatman a little fuller, and try to get the legs to stick out a touch more. I find if you dont they tend to move back along the body after its fished for a while. If the biots are facing concave into the body they seem to spread better.

Thanks guys. I will try making the body a little fuller as you suggested as well with the biots. Kungfool, have you tried your pattern with a bead head, or any other added weight?

Ps. threw some lotion on my hands for you sjw.

Thanks guys. I will try making the body a little fuller as you suggested as well with the biots. Kungfool, have you tried your pattern with a bead head, or any other added weight?

Ps. threw some lotion on my hands for you sjw.

Yeah I have tied them with beads however I prefer to use the bead head versions in running water only.