Fly Fusion Forums

Northwest Territories!

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

Went fishing on monday, After losing a few monster slough sharks in september. Finally landed some nice pike. Its Very hard to land the bigger pike on shore.

248915_10150270948725280_755045279_9375897_6125010_n.jpg 36"

255747_10150270947615280_755045279_9375869_7004116_n.jpg 39"

Managed to land about 2 dozen. Most were 20-27" but caught 5 that went 31", 33", 34", 36" and 39". Had an even bigger pike strike very close to the boat!

Gotta love the north!

Guest Jeremie

This is on great slave on the north arm. Not sure if it was near rae-edzo our buddy didnt really tell us. It was just a 15 minute boat ride from yellowknife bay. Definitely bigger fish are availible though!

Ahhh.... that brings back memories. I lived in YK for about 30 years and did a lot of fly fishing for pike on Great Slave Lake. I'll be back the first week of July and will definitely be out on the lake a few times. Looks like you got out with Carlos.

Ask your buddy if he's up for a longer boat ride. Depending on your horsepower, maybe an hour and a half north. There's a reason Trout Rock Lodge is so far up the North Arm. But don't go there for lake trout; there's a few, but very few and small, compared to the East Arm. Trout Rock Island was so named because the Dene used to set up their summer camps there and net the lake. Hence, not much for lakers these days. Big, big Pike though. I don't have the picture, I'll have to ask my sister if she still has it, where we're standing around the tailgate of the truck, and the fish's head and tail are hanging over the edges. That fish was over 5 feet long. It literally could've fit your head in it's mouth.