Fly Fusion Forums

Perch Netting...last Minute Timing But We Are Doing It Today If Interested

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I had to work downtown this morning and was not sure of my afternoon schedule.

As is stands...we will be pulling 4 nets this afternoon at Lake Sundance in Calgary. 3-5 pm. Please be at the main gate entrance at 3 pm and I will sign you in.

I can not guarantee numbers of perch or numbers of volunteers today...but the weather is not raining...and I check one trap 2 days ago from above and it looked like there were perch swimming around in it.

Please do not PM me. If you need more info to come...it will have to wait till the next outing.

Cheers

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher

WOW...just shy of 4000 perch. Yikes there were lots of big ones also. Biggest though was 32 cm. Lots in the 20-28 cm range.

Looks like more netting to come for this year.

Thanks to those that came out today. I won't expect any posts until the perch are filleted. Should be finished around...mid Sept.

WOW...just shy of 4000 perch. Yikes there were lots of big ones also. Biggest though was 32 cm. Lots in the 20-28 cm range.

Looks like more netting to come for this year.

Thanks to those that came out today. I won't expect any posts until the perch are filleted. Should be finished around...mid Sept.

Hopefully they haven't mutated into their cousin the Nile perch....you could be in for a fish that fights back.

Guest Sundancefisher
you getting more than a fork worth off em now?

There were probably about 1/3 - 1/2 that were 8 inches or bigger... That makes for a LOT of meat. 100 would probably yield about 10 + lbs of fillets.

Lake Erie perch fillets are $15/lb.