Fly Fusion Forums

What Is This Reel Worth?

Some one told me that at one time (now?) Hardy put engraved serial numbers on the first 1000 of a new model. (I have a modern ultra light that is numbered.) If true, that would influence price, but it is not apparent on the face of this reel.

Very nice reel. My Marquis has the most annoying drag "click" ... you want to fish alone if yours has the same. Bugs the heck out of your partners. ;)

I have a Marquis #6 that an uncle found in the basement of a house he bought. Unfortunately the reel foot is curved and will cost about $150 to replace, according to Hardy. I wonder if that says anything about the value of it ? Probably not. However, I am wondering if your reel also has a curved foot? If so, maybe it was a design to match specific rods.

I have a Marquis #6 that an uncle found in the basement of a house he bought. Unfortunately the reel foot is curved and will cost about $150 to replace, according to Hardy. I wonder if that says anything about the value of it ? Probably not. However, I am wondering if your reel also has a curved foot? If so, maybe it was a design to match specific rods.

The reel I have is a #5 and the foot is straight.