Fly Fusion Forums

Laser Eye Surgery

Was wondering if anyone on the board has had laser eye surgery in the last year or so.. Where did you go? How long is the healing process? Did you have any issues after the procedure?

I want to get it done but would like to understand what folks think about it after the procedure. I understand its relatively safe but can have issues.

any input would be appreciated.

m

I had cataract eye surgery last Jan and May it differs somewhat from LASIK however I am very happy with my results. My suggestion is find a good clinic and make sure you feel comfortable with them. I have heard of clinics that treat you like cattle in line for castration.

Best of luck

Had Lasik 1.5 yrs ago. All good. Great to not have to wear glasses anymore (except for reading glasses--they can only correct near or farsightedness, not both). Surgery was a snap. It is an assembly line however. Did not bother me, lots of people to practice on.

One thing was funny to me though. When I was in the chair, the assistant says "when the gas laser is running, it makes a smell like burnt hair." I said "huh, you don't think that could be burning eyeball?" The doctor looks up from his computer and says "are you an engineer?" I say yeah, to which he replies "we don't like telling people that." I always wondered what people thought was happening when they are using a laser to cut and reshape your eye. That the magic laser eye fairy was making your eyes all better?

I had mine done at Lasik. The first day/night when you come home from the surgery is not that fun, you have a regiment of about 3-4 drops you have to put in every few hours and it just hurts to have your eyes open. HOWEVER you do heal quick, for the next week or two..the amount of drops you have to put in is reduced and you become less and less sensitive to light. I was back at work within a couple of days. I would recommend it to anyone, its a life changer.