Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Using A Wii Cosole To Get Netflix To A Hdtv

Does anyone have hooked up, or know how to hook up, a Wii console to receive Netflix streaming to a HDTV ( Panasonic Viera )

I have a Netflix account ( free trial ).

I do not have a wireless router; it is a coaxial cable from Shaw.

I do not have a laptop, it is a PC about 40 feet from the TV.

I don't want to stream it to the computer, just the TV.

I know what a LAN adapter is ( haven't bought one yet ).

Does an Ethernet cable have to be run from my computer modem to the TV? ( not practical at all )

Can't find the proper info on google.

I don't know if this enough info, but I can't think of anything else to add.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Does anyone have hooked up, or know how to hook up, a Wii console to receive Netflix streaming to a HDTV ( Panasonic Viera )

I have a Netflix account ( free trial ).

I do not have a wireless router; it is a coaxial cable from Shaw.

I do not have a laptop, it is a PC about 40 feet from the TV.

I don't want to stream it to the computer, just the TV.

I know what a LAN adapter is ( haven't bought one yet ).

Does an Ethernet cable have to be run from my computer modem to the TV? ( not practical at all )

Can't find the proper info on google.

I don't know if this enough info, but I can't think of anything else to add.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Well you have two options.

First the wii doesn't have an Ethernet port on the back of the console. The unit is only wireless.

so i guess three things..

Second. Go to futureshop or bestbuy or memory express and get yourself a wireless router. That will allow the wii to talk to your modem and receive and Internet signal.

Third. Call up those awesome shaw guys (not saying that just cause i'm an employee :clapping: ) and ask them to come exchange your modem for the modem/wireless router combination. I believe you can now buy these units from Shaw $68,or rent them at $3.95 dollars a month. The router from Shaw is comparable to those you buy from the other stores. just uses less equipment.

http://www.shaw.ca/Internet/Wireless-Gateway/

And lastly, so i guess 4 things..

You will need to get the Component or HDMI cable for the wii in order to get netflix in HD on your TV.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Everette

Well you have two options.

First the wii doesn't have an Ethernet port on the back of the console. The unit is only wireless.

so i guess three things..

Second. Go to futureshop or bestbuy or memory express and get yourself a wireless router. That will allow the wii to talk to your modem and receive and Internet signal.

Third. Call up those awesome shaw guys (not saying that just cause i'm an employee :clapping: ) and ask them to come exchange your modem for the modem/wireless router combination. I believe you can now buy these units from Shaw $68,or rent them at $3.95 dollars a month. The router from Shaw is comparable to those you buy from the other stores. just uses less equipment.

http://www.shaw.ca/Internet/Wireless-Gateway/

And lastly, so i guess 4 things..

You will need to get the Component or HDMI cable for the wii in order to get netflix in HD on your TV.

Send me a PM if you have any other questions.

Everette

Shaw employee huh?

Can you get me a better deal on my TV/PHONE/INTERNET?

:D

You cant get a wii LAN adapter which is a Ethernet port which you will need if you dont go wireless. That is the easiest thing to do. Wii does not do HD output though even though it has component output.

Shaw employee huh?

Can you get me a better deal on my TV/PHONE/INTERNET?

:D

hahah..even i dont get a deal per say.. i'm still payin 65 buxs a month for tv and internet..but i do get every channel.. even the ones for boys or girls when they are alone on a saturday night..hahaha

and the component cables might not throw through hd..but sure looks a hell of a lot better then the the av cables it comes with