Fly Fusion Forums

Calgary Cane Order

I'm looking coordinating an order of rod making cane to calgary. For a hobby builder, shipping etc adds up to more than the cost of the cane, so I'm getting a few people together to help split the costs.

PM me an email and rough order and I'll get you on the list.

I was in the Windsor Plywood store across from COP and noticed they had a rather large selection of tonkin cane. Not sure if it would be suitable for rod buiding though. I just thought it was interesting considering I have never seen it locally.

You can also order cane through http://www.tonkincane.com/. They seem to ship smaller quantities for less money.

Andrew

Gaffer,

Unless things have changed a lot in the past short while, the Demerast folks are now out of the business and the business was sold. Builders have attempted to contact the new owner w/o success.

And about 1/2 of the cost of cane is getting it to Alberta.

My first order in 1978 was $600 for cane - $600 for delivery from Demerast. Knew the Demerast people well.

For western N. America, Royer is cheaper because of shipping.

regards,

Don

Gaffer,

Unless things have changed a lot in the past short while, the Demerast folks are now out of the business and the business was sold. Builders have attempted to contact the new owner w/o success.

And about 1/2 of the cost of cane is getting it to Alberta.

My first order in 1978 was $600 for cane - $600 for delivery from Demerast. Knew the Demerast people well.

For western N. America, Royer is cheaper because of shipping.

regards,

Don

Good to know.

Andrew

Thanks, Gaffer. I'll have to stop by at some point. Lots of glory stories about finding perfect culms at random places like that. Worth a stop by.

Would be interested to see. I dont know what to look for so I would not be much help. They had several different sizes from 1" to about 3"

Andrew

• 3 weeks later...