Fly Fusion Forums

Andrew Toft Joins Scott Mackenzie Dtx Pro Staff Team

speyghillie

Scott Mackenzie DTX is very happy to have Andrew Toft as our newest member of the Pro Staff Team, As well as being the current world distance champion.

Andrew is the MOST QUALIFIED SPEYCASTER IN THE WORLD and designer of some or the best fly lines while working with the Carron Team.

Hopefully Andrew will be coming to Calgary this summer to do some Speycasting Masterclasses, i will be able to post details at a later date, but if your into Speycasting this is a couple of classes not to miss,

Andrew has been working on some new DTX shooting head lines with Scott and former World Champion Fly Tyer and underhand casting master Tony Kakkuri as well as the head guide on the Yokanga in Russia , the new shooting head rods and lines will be out in Canada this summer.

You can see a profile of Andrew at www.andrewtoft-flysport.com

Gordon Macleod

Scott Mackenzie

DTX Pro Staff

North America.

Anyone that hasn't tried the original DTX what a treat these rods are. I casted them when Scott came to town and absoutlly fell in love with them. Saving all my hard earned pennies so I can buy one, can't wait to get my gresse hands on it.

Also just thinking about this but the DTX line has two of the recent world distance champions, these rod are like menature rocks, flick the wrist and watch it shoot out.

Hey Brad,

Good to here you would like to get a DTX 13ft, just wanted to add that these rods will still be in production for years, we are just adding more and more products to the DTX Brand, Scott and Andrew are wotking full-time on Product developement.

I dont know any other Spey company that has two world champions but more importantly guys that have guided for 40 years between them as well as guides from around the world having imput on product design.

Scott is determined to build DTX into a Brand like no other, Tony Kakkuri has had a shooting head line design idea for years, with his imput and Andrew who helped in the Design of the Carron Jetstream range, we will have a shooting head range developed in Scandanavia and produced in the UK............ 19 new lines coming this year.

Cheers Brad.

Gordo,

• 3 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of casting a DTX on Saturday on the Banchory Beat of the Dee...a superb rod, on a beautiful river with some amazing salmon! I found the rod to have a very crisp clean action, allowing for some effortless casting, even for a crap caster like myself. Hopefully I don't have to wait until my next trip to Scotland to get in some more casting with one of these rods.

Hi KnotLikely,

Good to here you had a good time on the Dee, the river seems to be off to a flyer but it is a Spring river, the Spey has been in high water for a couple of weeks but will be in good shape pretty soon.

Also good to hear you had a good time casting the DTX rod, the more you cast it with no effort the more you get out of it, part of the reason it was voted by the public , best product at the Kelso fly show as well as winning awards at most of the big fly shows in England.

You know you want one................ and you know i have them. :D

Gordon.

post-335-1301426877.jpg